Sunday, September 19, 2010
THE first day of school
Caden and Dexter both started school on the same day. They thought this was pretty cool...and so did I :) Dexter is going to preschool with some little friends of his. Caden is attending Vista Elementary, a local charter school. Caden is required to wear a uniform. He wanted me to be sure to capture a shot of his new hair-do...the mini-mo (mohawk). They were giddy before school. Caden got dropped of first. He was greeted in his class by several friends. I have to admit that there was not a tear to be shed that morning. Caden walked right in, found some friends, and hardly looked back. I was pretty proud of him. So, I loaded Dex and Katharine back up and we headed off to drop Dex off for his first day of preschool. Maybe it was watching Caden, but he handled it beautifully and just like Caden. He walked right in, found his friends, and never looked back. After school, they were both SO hungry and exhausted (probably because they didn't sleep much the night before :). Things are certainly busier now for us, but I just can't complain too much. I thought that I would have 2 solid hours to run errands/clean/soak up Ms. K with girl time, but that is not really how it pans out after running around. It does work well enough to get a dinner made or complete a small task. Um, and can I just say how handsome I think these boys look?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
School Rules!!! I LOVED the first day of school. Your boys are going to have a great year...I just know it!!
P.S--Your boys are SO handsome; you know that already :)
Post a Comment