Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Snow Canyon 1/2 Marathon

This is me DYING a slow and painful death (only smiling because there is a camera with a cute man behind it---the guy in front of me must have been thinking the same thoughts). The race started over a 1/2 an hour late and I was pretty revved to get running and ran like a complete rookie. PR'd for my 1 mile time (6:30...don't judge me, I'm a slow white girl) AND my 3 mile time (21:00). I bonked at mile 4 which is a horrific thing when you know you still have 9 miles left.
Luckily, my little running boy (and budding runner who ran his 3rd Turky Trot last week---sorry, Proud Mom Moment) was there to run me in and give me an extra boost of energy. Look at his face, he is pumped to be running!!
The two of us crossing the finish line. Another P.M.M....just wiped a tear away.
Me and my boys :) Caden is REALLY into posing for pictures lately. Loved his pose for this picture. Don't love my sweaty, nasty, exhausted face. Love that Dexter is the only one who didn't run, and yet is the only one eating (his favorite thing to do). I finished 71rst overall for the women, and 10th in my age group. It was my best 1/2 marathon time (1:50:29, 8:26/mile). I took off way too fast, and need to do better pacing myself.
My awesome in-laws and Shaune were so awesome to track and cheer for me. My mom and brother totally surprised me at mile 12, and that just ROCKED my world. It is wonderful to have such an AWESOME family!!!! Love you all!!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Megan Andersen said...

Courtney--You ROCKED girl! That is an AWESOME time!! One you should DEFINITELY be proud of!!! Love the picture of Caden running you in--that picture gave me the chills. Must be a runner thing!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Keep it up! You're giving me hope to get off my lazy bum and accomplish one of my goals.

Erin L. said...

Court you amaze me! I love Caden's face in the second picture. How fun for you two!

Unknown said...

You crazy crazy girl!! I love it. The thought of running scares me. I really think it is a total mind game. I did however sign up for a 1/2 marathon in Jan and one in Feb. By the way, your legs look skinny minny!!

Emily said...

Oh how I long for warm enough weather not to have to bundle up to run. I think I live in the wrong place!? You're awesome for keeping running despite having a crazy busy life. Kudos!

Carrie Anne said...

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!! i wish i ran it with you...i'm slowly working myself back up to it! i'm still thinking about the painter's 1/2 but i won't make you go as slow as me, okay? and i'm pretty sure i'm going to do the SLC marathon in april! wish me luck on not getting pregnant or anything else happening!!!:) you are AWESOME!

Mama Lee said...

I cannot believe how big Caden is all of a sudden.