Friday, May 15, 2009

Annual Lobster Feed

Another FABULOUS, delicious event we got to go to while in Canada, was the Lobster Feed. I have never been to one before, but I already can't even wait to go again! Trish, Rick, and Murray put on a mean party. Tyler, the budding chef, made some amazing appetizers. Uncle Murray took the time to teach the kids (and me) about the lobsters (prior to boiling). We were all fascinated! After the lobsters were done, we sat down to a serious FEAST!!! Yup, we're talking melted butter, heaping homemade pies (Mom, they were off-the-hook!!), and the best company north of the US borders (and if they ever came south, they'd be the best company south of the US border). I ate my entire lobster and could've eaten about 2 more. I had the privilege of sitting next to Uncle Murray who started this tradition 35 years ago. He taught me even more about the lobsters. After we finished eating lobster, Uncle Rick (a policeman in Lethbridge) did this super cool "show", where he had a trained police dog "attack" him. Maybe I even got a little scared :) The boys loved it. I missed Shaune being there for almost our entire time in Canada, but he is a hard-working man who had to get back to his patients. Maybe next year, we can all go together :) I (heart) the Wallace Family.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Erin L. said...

I'm lovin' all these blog posts. I'm pretty much a blog stalker; always happy to see new posts and new pictures. We sure loved having you here Court.