So, I was lucky enough that this amazing team of runners were in a pinch and needed another runner for the Red Rock Relay (188-mile, 2 day relay race from Brian Head to St. George). It was an amazing experience. These runners are seriously AMAZING! I loved the entire experience, and of course, couldn't have done this without the help of my ever supportive husband. Our team name was "Kiss My Fast"--pretty clever, huh? We ran against over 80 teams from all over, and placed 2nd overall!!!! It's the first time that I have gotten an award in a while...that was awesome :) We came in 2nd to BYU's cross-country team, only behind them by about 25 minutes...not bad for stay-at-home moms and a couple of guys. Like I said, these girls are FAST!
I had to put this picture up to show that some of these teams were out to W-I-N...so many hardcore runners. Another fantastic sign that I saw on a van said, "This had has no whiners and no weiners (it was a group of moms), and ESPECIALLY no whiners WITH weiners!" Classic.



1 comment:
That sounds so fun! What fantastic family/husband support you have.
p.s. Y'all look cold!
Post a Comment