Monday, June 02, 2008

Food Glorious Food!


This last week, we have been in Park City, Utah for Shaune's optometry conference. First of all, let me say how much I LOVE Park City! It should be called the Emerald City (at least for the spring and summer). The weather couldn't have been any better. The beds at our hotel could have been a lot better, but that is besides the point. We did lots of shopping, eating good food (especially The Red Rock at Kimball Junction...wow!), visiting the Olympic Park, and swimming. All of these fun things and not a single picture...I suppose that is the result of being on field trips all day with 2 kids and no husband.However, for me, the BEST part of the trip was going up to Bountiful to spend a day with the Cutler's and Schwartz families. These are pictures from the AMAZING homemade food that was part of our day...Sister Cutler makes the best buttermilk rolls. I think Shaune and I ate at least 12 between the two of us...that doesn't include what Dexter and Caden ate :)
Shaune made his famous "Ultimate Berry Crisp"---we were literally licking the bottom of the bowl. Sister Schwartz made this salad that I couldn't stop eating. We had an abundance of dessert...chocolate chip cookies, brownies, berry crisp, and fresh berry homemade ice cream....the last picture is the Cutler's dog licking up some ice cream that he found :) The food was great and the company even better.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

wallaceweb said...

All those pictures of food remind me of the cabin. I'm excited to eat until I drop!! As you said, 6 more weeks...

Cindy said...

What a fun weekend! Sorry we couldn't make it up to Park City, but I will be in St. George a few times this summer so let's make plans for that. (And Shaune can make his berry cobbler for us!)