Saturday, December 22, 2007

Go big, or go home...

Shaune was the one who reminded me that we needed to have our "Annual Gingerbread House Making Party." I was quite excited at this reminder. However, the party really didn't live up to its name. We really haven't held this party annually. There was NO real gingerbread. And for Shaune, he didn't even build a house...seriously, he built a CASTLE!!! When I came home with the supplies, he quickly pointed out that I had not bought enough graham crackers. I thought he was joking. I had no idea at the time that he was being serious because I didn't know that he was going to be building a castle, complete with a draw-bridge and cannon.
I had seen a random print-out from my computer with a picture of a castle...again, totally oblivious me, I really missed the signs that Shaune was going to go so big with his "gingerbread house."
In the end though, I have to say that we were all in awe of his amazingly HUGE and detailed "Gingerbread House Castle." Actually, next year, I am thinking of renaming the party to "Not-So-Annual Graham Cracker Castle Making Party"--it just seems more honest :)
Good job, honey :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mama Lee said...

wow. tell shaune that, as an engineer, i'm thoroughly impressed. :-)

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

THAT is incredible! Well done, Shaune!